GUIDELINES FOR CONDUCT OF OASISCON
1. The conference may be conducted for a period of three days on a weekend.
2. The first day may be devoted for CME/ workshop.
3. Inaugural Function of OASISCON:
* The conference inauguration may be held on Friday evening.
* One Senior Member from each of the Six States viz; Andhra, Karnataka, Puducherry, Kerala and Tamilnadu, Telangana will be honoured during the Conference. The respective state Vice President will introduce the respective Sate President and secretary shall lead the Senior Member to the Dias (ECM 22.7.2007, Mangalore). The OASISCOH will bear the travel expenses atactual for two persons) and the Organising Committee of the respective OASISCON shall provide hospitality to the Senior Member being felicitated (ECM, 28.8.2010, Chennai).
* The Organising Chairman and Secretary of current OASISCON will be honoured in the next OASISCON (ECM, 20.4.2008, Chennai).
*The President of the respective State Association shall give welcome address during the Inaugural Function (ECM, 20.6.2016, Trivandrum Medical College, Kerala).
4. Arrangements may be made for the Executive Committee Meeting on Executive Committee Meeting on Saturday noon.
5. General Body meeting will be held on Saturday afternoon, please make arrangements for this.
6. OASIS oration will be given by the immediate past president on Saturday morning.
7. OASIS- Dr. M. Sudhakar Shetty oration may be held on Saturday or Sunday morning. Orator will be selected by the OASIS Executive.
8. Panel discussions, seminars, symposia, invited lectures, etc. May be arranged with our own members as faculty.
9. Faculty members for the CME and conference may be selected from all the five states, giving preference to the states other than the host state.
10. For the science program equal opportunity must be given to the members from all the five states in a proportionate manner.
11. One or two international guest faculty may be included in the main conference and CME if required.All the other faculty should be from the member states.
12. Free registration, accommodation and local hospitality should be provided to the President and Secretary General Treasurer Free registration only shall be given to Members above the age of sixty five and this shall be extended only to the Member and not to accompanying Members. The respective Member may place a written request to the Organising Committee of the OASIACON before the due date for registration. No Free spot registration will be allowed (AGM, 23.8.2008, puduchery).
13. The three orations will be chaired by the President and Secretary General.
14. All communications of the conference should contain the name of OASIS Executive Committee members (ECM, 8.9.2007, Mangalore) in addition to the President and Secretary General depending on the size of the brochure.
15. All matters should be discussed with the President and Secretary General before finalization.
16. The medallion for the three orations will be prepared by the Secretary General, all the other prizes, mementos, medallions, certificates, citations etc. has to be prepared by the organizing committee.
17. Award may be given for the best paper, best PG paper and best poster.
The Best Paper from each constituent State Chapter should be presented at the OASISCON every year (AGM, 8.9.2007, Mangalore).
18. Souvenir if any should contain the message of President and Secretary General.
19. Separate badges noting the name and designation may be given to the officials of OASIS.
20. Make sure that the name and address of executive committee members are spelt correctly.
21. Valedictory function may be conducted on Sunday afternoon.
22. The Best Paper Award shall be awarded at the Annual General Body Meeting (AGM, 8.9.2007, Mangalore)
23. An amount of Rs.50, 000/-(Fifty Thousand only) will be received as advance from the organizing secretary of the last OASISCON and this amount has to be given as advance to the organizers of next conference.